While I am busy at work putting together my next themed DJ Mix, I thought I would share my previous one that I mixed between the recording of Grasslands EP1 and EP2.
The DJ mix is about evil robots and features songs and clips from movies and TV.
I was really pleased that I managed to get all the dates mentioned to run in chronological order.
Before the release if this mix in 2012 I spent two weeks posting pictures of evil robots onto Facebook.
I hope you enjoy it:
Experience a 47 minute long homage to angry robots that are hell-bent on destroying all human life.
Listen to the various references to dates when the world has succumbed to all-out robotic war (taken from TV and Film), and concluding with robots starting to act more human than we do.
Tracks in the mix include:
• Bloc Party – Talons (Acoustic Version)
• M83 – Unrecorded
• Bear In Heaven – Lovesick Teenagers
• Secret Machines – First Wave Intact (Album Version)
• Super Furry Animals – Sex, War And Robots
• The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt.1 (Live)
• Foo Fighters – Down In the Park
• Deltron 3030 – 3030
• Doves – Last Broadcast
• Vangelis – Tears In Rain
• Kuedo – Flight Path
• Biffy Clyro – Classical Machines (Iain Cook Aereogramme Remix)
• Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
• The Black Hole
• Battlestar Galactica (2004)
• 2001: A Space Odyssey
• Terminator 2: Judgement Day
• The Matrix
• Blade Runner
The mix was created using the Djay App for iPad in January 2012.I hope you enjoy it:
You’ll have to wait to find out what the next one is about.